Sunday evening we finished an amazingly warm weekend watching The Grand Budapest Hotel. Maria and I had been urgently wanting to see it! I am not going to critique the film here, I'll leave that to the critics. Only it was an absolute Marvel to the eye! (I think Gustave H would have described it in this way)
Here are10 reasons why I feel that Wes and I would make the very best of friends.
Images are from my Favourites: The Grand Budapest Hotel, Mooonrise Kingdom, Life Aquatic, Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited, The Royal Teneabaums
- He clearly loves people - All his characters are warm and funny and likable (Apart from his awful villains, who are greedy and spiteful and deserve to face their flaws)
- We both LOVE the colour yellow
- He loves childhood memories - Tents, Music, books,
- He loves hand written letters
- He is obsessed with detail and the very fine touches that makes things 'real'
- His attention to costume and set design is amazing - I would definitely hire him to be my personal stylist
- He loves a good old adventure
- He celebrates friendships and families in every film
- He makes outsiders cool
- His world through a camera is better and brighter than life itself and he's not afraid to be silly!
Thank you Wes Anderson, for sharing your world!