Friday 17 October 2014

Home Thrown Studio update

It has been a very exciting year for Home Thrown Studio. After a few years of throwing pots and modelling for my own pleasure I thought it was about time to make some space on my own home surfaces and perhaps start selling these little wares to like minded nest makers.

I love coming home to an etsy order or an email about a custom order. I had always envied artists who have followed their dreams of 'doing' what they love. But now in a small way I am doing it! (Although it maybe too early just now to give up my day job) I am delighted that I am now selling my creatures and homewares at the lovely Coastal Creatives in Southbourne, Louise and Rachael are fantastic and really know how to visual merchandise their products, which are carefully selected to represent a range of local artists in and around the South West.

I am also selling my signature bashful pots in the very sweet White Doll Arts waterside gallery in Cornwall. I was over the moon when Emma Litten the owner contacted me to see if she could sell my pots in her beautifully Cornish waterside gallery. So here we are, what a difference a few months can make. At the present I am currently working towards Christmas making a range of Christmas decorations as well as my signature eyelash pots and salt pots. I am never happier than when I am behind the wheel, arms deep and aching in wet clay as old rock songs play out from the radio and the whirl of the wheel begs me to throw just one more!!














 (Coastal Creatives own image)







(White Doll Arts - Images above and below)




An Etsy order all wrapped up! 

Thank you for all the support and interest so far on this venture 

Gem x






3 comments:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post; very, very helpful. Wishing you blessings and health.

    ReplyDelete