Saturday 10 August 2013

...making posters for the little fella's room

We have been moving a few things round here lately to get ready for sproglett number 2's arrival (hence my radio silence over the last few months). The little fella has moved into a bigger room which he will eventually share with his brother/sister. We wanted to make the room quite gender neutral because we don't know what flavour this one is, and we're not really into blue for boys pink for girls, etc, anyway.

One of the things I was keen to do was to get some fun, original 'art' to go on the walls. As ever we are on a budget, so Gem helped me to trawl websites such as Pinterest and Etsy for some inspiration.

We decided that this picture of Gem and her sister's ice creams could work as an A1 poster (see other poster fun we have had here).


I wanted it to be black and white so that when photocopied and enlarged it would have the same sort of grainy quality like the nest poster.


When I took the above image to my photocopy shop they said that the background was far too dark, and that the ice creams needed to 'pop' out a bit more. So I got back to work, and thanks to Gem and her photoshopping skills we came up with this image below.



She highlighted the ice creams (and did some other clever techy stuff too), and faded out the background. I was so excited to see the end result!



And here it is! It sits beautifully above the mantelpiece underneath the yards of bunting that I made for him before he was born.
The room is really starting to come together now. I might even share some pictures soon.
Have a lovely weekend! I'm off to find some ice cream...

Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment