Friday 23 November 2012

.... making rocky road!



This week I have been on snack duty, feeding my hard working friends at work. We take it in turns and it's one of the only things that keeps us going, especially come Thursday when we all in need  a pick up. When I first started I made my quick no fail rocky road and now it's become a bit of a tradition. There's nothing better than seeing lots of happy faces, enjoying your home cooking. And the best thing is it's the easiest thing in the world to make. 

ingredients;
200g x 2 - Best Dark choc (85% cocoa) 
1505 - Milk choc - So not to bitter
Slab of local Butter
2 Table spoons of Golden Syrup
1 - Table Spoon of Icing Sugar
1 1/2 Packets of Rich Tea Biscuits (Bashed to little bits) 



Bash Biscuits in a large bowl. On a very low heat melt the chocolate, butter and treacle together, stir throughout, add icing sugar when mix is glossy. Then pour 3 1/4 chocolate mix over the biscuits, crunch into your dishes and pour over remainder of the chocolate butter sauce. Place in fridge and leave over night if you can resist. Lick wooden spoon & bowl! My uncle has nick named it Tarmac! Whatever you decide to call it I hope you enjoy it! 

Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment