Tuesday 30 April 2013

....Finding treasure at Bournemouth Scrap Store




I discovered this little cave of magic last year, when we were organising our Olympic sports day at school. Any chance for a little road trip and I am in, so one of the Art teachers and myself went to the Scrap store that used to be in Wallisdown. It has now moved to Boscombe, but is exactly the same. I was amazed by how much stuff was considered scrap, never used stationary, factory containers, material, buttons, bobbles, rolls of 'lush' wrapping paper. It is very exciting!  I would recommend it to anyone! Recycling is good for the environment and also good for your pocket. I managed to pick up lots of bright yellow folders for school and some other things for myself. If I had kids of my own this would be my first stop for some monster building! It is only £6 to fill up a black bin liner to bursting point. You don't have to be a school to join anyone can join individually for £5 see here for more info.

Here are some of my bargains from last Thursday;







I now have a steady supply of lovely wrapping paper 
and ribbon, and sticky back plastic. 

The only downside is that you might end up becoming a little addictive to this
secret place.

Hope you have a great week! 

Gem x


No comments:

Post a Comment