Wednesday 12 December 2012

....throwing pots and making hoppy hares

I can't believe how fast time has flown by, but I have been throwing pots and making creatures as a hobby for the last 3 years now. I still have the first finger bowl I made, and have progressed from there on to the wheel. But this year as we only have one wheel in the pottery I fell in love with Raku clay and started to make animal sculptures. Their shapes formed easily and they are fun to make (less pressure than on the wheel) My bedroom is becoming a little crowded, so it's our hope that in the new year Maria and I might start selling my pottery & creatures  alongside vintage and crafty bits at Boscombes monthly vintage market. We are heading there on Saturday for their xmas fair, so hopefully we can get some information! A new year a new  creative adventure!


Getting messy on the wheel 


Drying out


Ready for second firing 

Big Daddy Hare


Hungry Hippo


Feathers


Hoppy Hares

If you are interested in my pottery or have any questions about commissions, I would love to hear from you! 

Happy Wednesday
Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment