Wednesday 16 January 2013

...having coffee in Deli Rocks

Sometimes I need a change of scenery to be productive. Today I finished work early and had a little time to spare before I had to pick up the boy, so I decided to go to one of my favourite cafes to get some writing jobs done.

Deli Rocks lives up to its name. It is owned by a pretty cool cat called Gio who loves Italian food, coffee, bandanas, motorbikes, and of course, rock music. His coffees are the best in our area, and his staff are always warm and friendly. He sells home baked goods (including loaves and focaccia baked by my dad-post on baking with Pops coming soon!), and Italian nibbley bits like cold meats and cheese. Oh, and he plays rock music. Loud. We love it. And, the little guy always gets his babychino on the house. What can I say? We're good customers. Next time you are in the Southbourne area check this place out.


 Cosy little nooks and crannies
 Best coffee in Southbourne. The pastries aren't bad either.
 Lots of yummy sauces, oils and pasta

I love the layout; there's a huge table in the middle and crates stacked up as shelves all along the back wall.

Below is a little playlist I've made of some of my favourite tunes I've heard on the Deli Rocks stereo.

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
Always on the Run - Lenny Kravitz
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Back in Black - ACDC

Rock on!
Maria x




No comments:

Post a Comment