Wednesday 9 January 2013

.........hibernating and watching films

It looks like some cold weather is approaching! This means that I can lie guilt free on the sofa and watch all those films I've been meaning to watch but didn't quite get around to in 2012! Some little trips to the cinema might be needed to, and thats exactly where I am heading tonight, to see the life of Pi.  I have watched the trailer and have my 3D glasses at the ready, from what i've seen already I am expecting an assault on my eyes and  heart, I think it's going to be a tear jerker.



Below are a few other films I'm excited about watching at some point this year!

Sightseers


An independent British movie
From Director Ben Wheatley
Screenplay - Co written with Edgar Wright


On the Road




Directed by Walter Salles

I read Jack Kerouac's classic 
when I was a student and really loved his
 passion, perceptive visualisations and powerful characterisations.
I'm not sure how it will transfer to film but I think I will love
 the mise en scene and the soundtrack!! 



Gangster Squad




 Director Ruben Fleischer

Looks great fun but most importantly....... Mr Ryan Gosling in a 50's suit!! 

The Great Gatsby 



Directed by Baz Luhrmann

This is one of my favourite books of all times, such a sad story full of failed relationships and deception.
I am positive that this film will be over the top and rich in style with a soundtrack to match!
Don't you just love the era;  the decadents and drama! I would have loved to have been invited to a Jay Gatsby Party!

I hope you get some time this week for some film watching and pop corn munching!

Gem x





No comments:

Post a Comment