Sunday 3 February 2013

...getting decorating ideas for our guest room

It's nearly been a year since we moved into our house. Since then we (I mean my in-laws-they are amazing at painting and DIY) have decorated a couple of rooms, and it is really starting to feel like home. Our back bedroom has been a bit grotty for some time now, and so we want to get started on decorating it. Some friends are coming to stay soon so we are giving ourselves a deadline to get it all ready and finished by then.
Here are some before pictures;


 Urgh! Horrid, peeling wallpaper. The husband is steaming it off as we speak. Hurrah!

 We are going for white walls with one wall of colour; this room definitely needs cheering up. (You can see the back garden through the window-another project on the go)

 Books, DVDs, junk. It all needs a bit of organising.

What to do with the cupboards? Should they stay or go? We haven't decided yet.

So, my lovely friend bought me this book for Christmas; 'Homespun Style' by Selina Lake. Whilst the husband is labouring and the boy snoozing, I have been tucked under the covers (it's chilly today!), and getting a bit of inspiration.

 I love the idea of having white walls and bringing pops of colour in through bedding and pictures. Such a pretty room.


 Same for this one above. I really like the way they have painted the frames of the pictures shocking pink.
 A lovely wall of pictures and nic-nacs. 

Oh so pretty. I think this one is my favourite.

So, wish us luck! I'll post again on this when we have some 'after' pictures. 

Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment