Monday 25 March 2013

...making (a sort of) minestrone soup


It would appear that Gem and I are all about food that makes us feel cosy at the moment. It is so freaking cold outside! So I decided that there was only one thing for it; make soup.
I had the pleasure of tasting my sister-in-law's delicious minestrone soup recently. She followed and adapted the recipe from this website. As the husband has given up meat (and chocolate-much tougher apparently  for lent, I left the sausages that sis-in-law added and just stuck to the veggies. The end result was delicious-and so simple to make. I followed the recipe pretty much, only I substituted the spaghetti for macaroni, and forgot to add the cabbage. Oh well, it was still pretty tasty, and it warmed us up a treat! Plus, I have leftovers that will sort us for lunch this week. Happytimes!

What are your favourite Winter-Warmers for March?!

Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment