Monday 18 March 2013

.....making waffles

My love for waffles happened at university when I would travel home and get off at Bristol Temple Meads train station, I would be welcomed into my home town with the waft off the sweet smell, my uni friends and I would talk each other into buying one, I would always resist the cream and chocolate, these waffles were fine just as they were. As it's the new year and I am on a saving spree, up to this point I have resisted on Lidls middle Aisle,(you know the aisle of miscellaneous things that you don't really need) But last week I fell for the waffle machine. After careful inspection of it's specification and learning it was made in Sweden (they must know a thing or two about Waffle machines) I decided it would be money well spent. And that I would cut down my weekend trips to cafes for breakfast! So here are the results, I'll stop waffling now! (eeeek! Sorry)

ingredients;
2 Cups of plain flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1 3/4 cups of milk
6 tablespoons of veg oil
2 large eggs
&
A large bowl for the mix
spoon 
spatula 
Waffle Maker




Add your 2 cups of flour, Salt and baking powder into your mixing bowl, mix all your dried ingredients up! 



Then add all your wet ingredients - Milk and eggs and 6 table spoons of oil - Whisk into a nice 
looking batter and rest for 5 mins



As neatly as you can place batter in the heated waffle maker (I'm so messy) 

Then cook for a few minutes (until brown & crispy) 


They should be puffy and golden! 


Drizzle over your favourite topping and EAT! YumYum 

I have just googled alternatives - Some people add 1/2 evaporated milk for plain milk, I bet this is delicious, and like pancakes you can add blueberries, and cream and strawberries, whatever 
tickles your taste buds! 

I'll be ok just as long as I don't eat one everyday! 

Have a great week! 

gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment